Troy University students during a 2016 Summer Send Off Party in Dothan. The 2017 Summer Send Off parties start this week.
Troy University is hosting a series of Summer Send Off parties starting this week at venues around the state and in northwest Florida designed to welcome new students to the TROY family.
Incoming freshmen and transfer students are invited to attend and meet future classmates, learn more about the University and kick off their TROY experience. Alumni, parents, prospective students and other friends of the University are invited to take part as well.
“We’ve been doing these for the last few years as another way to welcome new students to the University,” said Faith Ward, Director of Alumni Affairs. “We like to include alumni at these events so that they can share their stories of what TROY has done for them. It’s a great networking opportunity, and a great way for new students to get informed and get involved.”
There is no admission charge for the events and food is free to all who RSVP ahead of time.
Ten parties are scheduled, with the first being held today in Cullman and Birmingham. New students are invited to register for an event in their area. Other upcoming Summer Send Off parties include:
- Mobile, at Café Del Rio, on July 25
- Pensacola, at Seville Quarter – Heritage Room, on July 26
- Ft. Walton Beach, at Angler’s Beachside Grill, on July 27
- Panama City, at Dave and Buster’s, on July 27
- Enterprise, at the Enterprise Country Club, on July 31
- Dothan, at Highland Oaks, on Aug. 1
- Auburn/Opelika, at the Bottling Plant Event Center, on Aug. 3
- Montgomery, at the TROY Montgomery Campus Gold Room, on Aug. 3
To register for an event, or for more information, visit http://troy.edu/summersendoff/.