It’s time to get back in the swing of things. The break is over and now it is time to get the ball rolling. A new semester is starting and it is a great time to get involved with different organizations around campus. Getting involved around campus looks great on your resume and it is a great way to meet new people. Here is a list of great organizations that I am involved in that might peak your interest.
- Student Government Association – Student Government Association is open to all students who are interested in being a representative of the entire student body. It’s not as easy as many other organizations, you actually have to run for a senator seat and be elected by the student body. SGA is a great resume builder. SGA is a great way to build leadership skills and be effective in making change around the University.
- Habitat for Humanity– Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical, Christian Housing Ministry. Habitat seeks to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness and make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. TROY University’s Habitat for Humanity helps within the Pike County Community. The main goal is to raise money to help build a house for someone in need. Habitat for Humanity is a great way to get community service hours through Boys and Girls Club, and building houses.
- MISS Elite Society– MISS Elite Society is an organization dedicated to Motivating and Instilling Sophisticated Students into an Elite Society. MISS Elite Society is about empowering women to be QUEENS. They hold seminars and panel discussions on healthy relationships, self-love, and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Troy TrojanVision News– TrojanVision News is an on campus television station that broadcast three live shows every day. Students do all the work from anchoring, directing, and producing the show. It is great hands-on experience for the real world if you are interested in television.
- Social Media Ambassador- Troy University is all about staying up to date with all the latest social media platforms. Social media is a great way to connect with current students and future Tojans. Becoming a Social Media Ambassador for the University is a way to get hands on use with every social media platform. As a social media ambassador your job is to post to all Troy University social media pages and blog. It is a fun experience and also a great resume builder.
There are over 150 organizations on the campus of Troy University, and I am sure that something will peak your interest.